How to Whiten Your Skin
Today there are a lot of people who are concerned about skin damage that has been caused by overexposure to sunlight. Of course, there are also some people who simply want to recapture their original skin tone. Regardless as to which of these categories you fall into, here is what you should know about how to whiten your skin:
- Through skin whitening your dark skin can be made to look lighter.
- While there are various products on the market that you can use to whiten your skin, they all use an exfoliation process. This is a process whereby the outermost layer of dead skin is removed so that a new layer of skin can be seen.
- The chemicals in a skin whitening product include ingredients such as kojic acid, ascorbic acid and hydroquinone. These work either by absorbing the UV rays that have caused the skin to become dark or by reducing the melanin pigments that occur in high concentration and thus darken your skin.
- One way in which you can lighten your skin is by bleaching it. This is an especially popular technique amongst women throughout the world who have been taught that light skin is more beautiful than dark skin. The main ingredient in skin bleach is hydroquinone. This ingredient prevents melanin from forming.
- Another thing that you can use to whiten your skin is a chemical peel. This may actually be the most effective way in which to rejuvenate your skin. However, this method can only be administered by a doctor or a dermatologist. Your doctor will use a bleaching product such as hydroquinone but this product will have a lot more strength so that it can provide you with much better results. There are some disadvantages to using a chemical peel though. The first thing that you need to understand is that this is the most expensive way in which to whiten your skin. Secondly, your face will have a reddish color to it for up to 2 weeks after your treatment. Third and finally, you may need to have more than 1 treatment in order to achieve the results that you want. Nevertheless, a lot of people still like this form of skin whitening because it can really lighten up your skin almost overnight and so it is not very obvious.
- The final method of skin whitening is by using a skin whitening cream. There are a lot of these creams available for your to choose from. Each of them has their own attractive packaging and each of them will also come in a different amound. However, you should know that this skin whitening cream usually costs about $60 per ounce. Nevertheless, these creams are used by both men and women because they will not irritate your skin. This is because they do not dry out your skin. They will clear up the dark circles around your eyes effectively and quickly though. Another thing that they will do is protect your skin from ultraviolet radiation and reduce the formation of melanin pigmentation.
- As you can see, there are numerous over-the-counter products that you can use to whiten your skin. However, before you use any of these products, it is very important that you talk to your doctor first.