Taste Bud Diagram
Taste Bud Diagram are small structures on the upper surface of the tongue, epiglottis and soft palate which provide information about the taste of food being eaten.
Taste buds are actually tiny nerve endings that allow us to perceive different tastes, including:
- Salty (i.e. peanuts, salted pork, french fries)
- Sweet (i.e. strawberries, cotton candy, sugar)
- Sour (i.e. shock tarts, limes, lemon)
- Bitter (i.e. radishes, some medicines, black licorice)
- Umami (a special taste in meat)
These is an anatomy picture reference, we always updated new picture for our reader. You will see an images where related with to the title, entitled Including graphic with tag archive.
When view at this Photo of Taste Bud Diagram, you can download and take by right click on the images to get the large version.
If you like this Taste Bud Diagram images, you might be interested to see or browse another picture about Anatomy.
Incoming search terms:
- taste buds